Saturday, May 12, 2018

Time flies and Big Blue is getting filled up (a little by a little) ...

Time has gone by since my last post which doesn't mean I didn't took care of my Big Blue.

On the contrary even, since last year when I ended on about 1069 stamps present in my Scott International Volume 1 I was able to add about almost 800 stamps in only 4,5 months.

On this we have 1875 stamps present in the Big Blue (+ some extra's which are not my priority for the moment) so we have a 5% completeness.

I was able to get some very nice stamps, nice for several reasons : design, cancelation,...

For the moment this was my most expensive acquisition : (about 7€)




This is my preferred belgian stamp for the moment, look at that nice cancelation :

King Albert Red cross with SOTN cancel from Le Havre in 1915
The better news even is that I get help these days to fill Big Blue.

Remember when I wrote at the start of the blog that maybe (one of) my kids might get interested in it?

Well my oldest son, begged me to learn how to put hinges on stamps so I let him experience with some damaged stamps.

Then he added some stamps with hinges on printed album pages related to the famous Machin and Marianne stamps.

But he kept on telling me he could help me with Big Blue.

So finally I let him try and this week alone he added about 350 stamps in my Big Blue. (he had easter holiday)

The kid's only 9 years young, he should be playing soccer or basketball in the garden, not putting stamps in Big Blue.

Well this will pass the coming years when he discovers other things typical for teenagers but at least he will have had a good taste of (old) stamps, hinges, Big Blue so that when he gets settled he will be able to continue the daunting task of completing the Scott International Volume 1.

Because even if we reach the number of 2.250 stamps at the end of the year (in January 2018 I was hoping for having 2000 stamps on december 31st, 2018) we will need tens of years of completing the album.

I suppose I'll never see that day.

For those able and willing to help me I finally came around in making a mancolist for the U.S.A. and Canada.

They will be posted on respective pages or in separate posts soon, just have to check how it will be the easiest way to publicize these.

Hopefully I'll be able to realize other mancolists as well the coming weeks, months.

Oh and that 5Kreuzer Austria stamp I never found? Well that's been rectified, and he has found some peace in my Big Blue too.



2 comments:

  1. Hi Axel,

    You've made some sweet progress, and those stamps you display are very nice :)

    And great to hear of your 'young assistant'.

    -k-

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Keijo for those kind words, yes the young assistant is really heartwarming to see and see him busy. We just hit the 1900 stamps barrier today;-)

    ReplyDelete